A downloadable game for Windows
Currently, any further updates will be paused until further notice. Please check out Planturi @ https://theplantgame.itch.io/planturi our current next project. IG @planturi_plantgame
You play as a cybernetically enhanced monkey with a giant buster sword. Smash through hordes of other cyborg monkeys.
Experience a Action Rogue-Lite Brawler through the eyes of Mandy as you reach the depths of the jungle based biodome, beat up other cybernetically enhanced primates, collect items, and reclaim your home for your father and your kind.
- Interact/pickup - R
- Movement - W, A, S, D or arrow keys
- Zoom - scroll wheel (for minimap scrollwheel while hovering over minimap)
- Aim with mouse
- Dash - space
- Special Attack(BFG) - Left Shift
- Light Attack - left mouse click (up to 3 times)
- Heavy Attack - Left Mouse Hold and release (3 stages of holding)
- Block/Parry - Right mouse hold (Small frame in beginning to parry/block attack fully)
Slightly more hidden feature - you can cancel certain actions with other actions > dashing out of a light attack
Darrion Nguyen - Lead Programmer & HR
Huan Do - Lead Artist & Producer
Joshua Santiago - 2d Artist/Animator & Lead Game Designer
John Particulo - 3d Artist/Animator
Andre Huang - Storyboard Artist
Paul Zhou - Programmer/Artist
Ronjon Balboa - Illustrator
Thanks in part to SJSU and their wonderful Summer Game Dev Workshop providing us with the necessary means in order to develop this game and a handful of other games made by other talented teams. The Game Dev Workshop was lead by Cole Pergerson, James Morgan and Tom Austin.
About this Demo:
The game fundamentally has the following features
- Basic Combat System with animation canceling built-in
- A basic economy system rigged with a shop
- A set of primate themed enemies
- The first set of levels representing the first biodome(Planned of 3)
- Including 2 regular combat levels and a boss level
- Randomized items which can enhance stats, status effects, and game mechanic changes
More updates to grind out the current bugs will be made in the near future so stay tuned. If you do find bugs, please report them to this google form: >Bug Report Form<
Known Bugs/Things to change:
- After completing the first level, the game will send you back to the first level.
- Heavy Attack Stages are currently confusing, will change to Weak, perfect and overcharge stages to better indicate more damage during perfect stage.
- In addition to adding more indicators
- Scrap currently flies around character with constant acceleration and will spin around wildly.
- Navigation around the map is currently confusing.
Currently, any further updates will be paused until further notice.
Simply download .zip file and launch the .exe.
Latest Build: v7.2
Previous Stable Build: v6.2